Philippians (the end of chapter one and all of two):
Only let your conduct be worthy of the gospel of Christ, so that whether I come and see you or am absent, I may hear of your affairs, that you stand fast in one spirit, with one mind striving together for the faith of the gospel, and not in any way terrified by your adversaries, which is to them a proof of perdition, but to you of salvation, and that from God. For to you it has been granted on behalf of Christ, not only to believe in Him, but also to suffer for His sake, having the same conflict which you saw in me and now hear is in me
Therefore if there is any consolation in Christ, if any comfort of love, if any fellowship of the Spirit, if any affection and mercy, fulfill my joy by being like-minded, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind.
Let nothing be done through selfish ambition or conceit, but in lowliness of mind let each esteem others better than himself. Let each of you look out not only for his own interests, but also for the interests of others.
Now the multitude of those who believed were of one heart and one soul; neither did anyone say that any of the things he possessed was his own, but they had all things in common. And with great power the apostles gave witness to the resurrection of the Lord Jesus. And great grace was upon them all. Nor was there anyone among them who lacked; for all who were possessors of lands or houses sold them, and brought the proceeds of the things that were sold, and laid them at the apostles' feet; and they distributed to each as anyone had need.
Let this mind be in you which was also in Christ Jesus, who, being in the form of God, did not consider it robbery to be equal with God, but made Himself of no reputation, taking the form of a bondservant, and coming in the likeness of men. And being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself and became obedient to the point of death, even the death of the cross. Therefore God also has highly exalted Him and given Him the name which is above every name, that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of those in heaven, and of those on earth, and of those under the earth, and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.
Okay, what is a bondservant? A bondservant is someone who, after released from slavery, stays with his/her master without getting paid. It's their choice. Normally back then the master would take the (left it think) ear and pierce it. That hurts. Not only does that hurt but a bondservant doesn't benefit because he's not paid- he simply wants to serve his master out of love and obedience. That is how we should be. Willing to serve Jesus Christ without ever expecting anything. To simply serve Him because He's worthy and not trying to make a deal with Him. It also says that He humbled Himself and became obedient even to death on a cross. How far are we willing to go? The word says that true Christianity is about taking up our cross and DYING to ourselves- it's not easy, He never said it would be.
It says to WORK out our salvation. Like earlier- IT'S NOT EASY! We say all the time how to do things but when are we going to ACT on them? When are you going to get up and start DOING something. We have to get a holy dissatisfaction with where we are. The difference between a dissatisfaction and a holy one is this, this is how Breigh explained it last night and I really like it: dissatisfaction is like a person sitting on their couch crying and saying "I need a job, I don't have any money, I need a job." and all they ever do is complain about not having a job and not having money but never go out and get one. A holy dissatisfaction is when a person realizes they don't have a job and instead of only talking about, they get up and go get one. If all we ever do is talk about how much sin is in us and what we have in us we don't like we will never be set free. When are you going to get up and fight? I'm sick of seeing the Body of Christ defeated. I'm sick of seeing the Body of Christ sick. It's time to get off our spiritual and physical couch's, dye to ourselves, and work. It's not easy but we have to suck it up and carry our cross. If someone truly wants to change- they will, there is nothing else to it. This verse clearly says that God will not only give you the desire to do so but also the ability to do it so what excuse do have? He will fully equip you.Therefore, my beloved, as you have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling; for it is God who works in you both to will and to do for His good pleasure. Do all things without complaining and disputing, that you may become blameless and harmless, children of God without fault in the midst of a crooked and perverse generation, among whom you shine as lights in the world, holding fast the word of life, so that I may rejoice in the day of Christ that I have not run in vain or labored in vain.
Notice: right after Paul says do work out your salvation he says to do ALL things without grumbling and complaining. How many times in the midst of your walk, when you're going through the fire, do you complain about it? How many times do you question God? "why do I have to go through this?". I can tell you- it's more than you think. He says to do everything without complaining. By doing this we become lights that shine in the midst of a dark world. What do you want? Do you want to walk it out or not?
Yes, and if I am being poured out as a drink offering on the sacrifice and service of your faith, I am glad and rejoice with you all."
Are you able to say that you are being poured out as a drink offering on your brother's and sister's in Christ faith? Can you say that today? Look at your relationships, are they growing, do you know your brothers and sisters in Christ, do you know their heart- most importantly, do they know yours? Most of us can't answer yes to that and if you can't it's time to reevaluate your relationship with Jesus Christ. It's time to check your foundation. Dying to self, being poured out, being a servant, preferring others above yourself, these things are not meant to be easy. That's why it's called dying, killing your flesh. True Christianity is getting out of the bed every morning, looking in the mirror, and determining that you're going to kill the person you see and live a life that will bring Him glory. You'll do whatever it takes. Every breath, every heartbeat should be for His glory and nothing else. We need to pray that every drop of our being be saturated with Him.
This is not the end, only a beginning of what God wants to do.
4 comments:
sorry- wait, no I'm not sorry about my grammer- you can get over it! lol.
Okay, first off, I just read this all, and I really do need your password. Please. *wink* Secondly, I think I'm going to have to read this every day until.. until I memorize it. Hahaha.. No really.. lol.. you know what I mean.
well first off- you're not getting my password! second, i could care less about my grammer, on here at least, it's like my signature.
I was very challenged and encourage out this little section thankyou.
Amber
Post a Comment