Sunday, December 09, 2007

God is not calling us to a place, He's calling us to Himself

Judgment begins in the House of God....Christ has been reminding me of this lately.
It's so easy for us to get caught up in life...why?
It's so easy for us to get distracted...why?
I know God has been showing me the importance of continual repentance. It's only by His mercy that we are even breathing at this very moment. It's so easy for us to become self-deceived. We live in a day and hour where everything is about the flesh. The spirit of anti-Christ is what we are warring against. We are not fighting a war against flesh and blood but against principalities and powers of the air. I look at the people around me, we must fight. Satan comes to steal, kill and destroy. It's our responsibility as the Body of Christ to step up to the plate. Wanting to isn't enough. I've noticed in my prayer life over the past couple of weeks that I "want to" do a lot of things. I don't want to deceive myself, I want to walk in holiness, I want to walk in truth, I don't want to be lazy, I want to get out of bed early and seek His face...I want to do a lot of things but the fact is, I don't. It's not enough to want to, I must DO. It's like there is a calling for us to examine ourselves, to see where we stand, to make sure we are fully awake and to not let the things of this world rock us subtly asleep. We must keep pressing forward. May the Body, the Army rise up and fight this fight with all confidence in Him. We must have faith that He will do what He said He would do.
I pray that He would strip every bit of unbelief from His people. The same spirit that raised Christ from the dead lives and dwells in us. May Jesus Christ's character be made manifest in His people. May His gaze be present in our eyes and may His words burn within our open mouths and hungry souls. May we not hold anything back from Him but lay it all down, cast it all aside and follow Him. He is worthy....Establish us in the faith Christ, root us and ground us so that we can be ready to answer anyone. Burn every bit of compromise out of us. Let us be pure, white, and holy, without blemish....

2 comments:

Rebekah Hope said...

AMEN..

What do you say to early morning prayer on the phone again? Even if it's just you and me. I don't care. I'm ready.

Anonymous said...

I really appreciate that, and I have a verse that goes along with it that God has been showing me, but I can't put it now, because I have to go study, I will tell you some time after finals, just remind me.

Love you!!!