Friday, January 01, 2010

Free To Love Freely

Ok first off I must say, this should not be taken as my attempt at poetry or song...it would be a sad attempt if it was :) These past several posts (minus the JJ Heller song) simply are random thoughts of mine put into words exactly like they sound inside me as of late. Just clarifying. Some of it may not even make sense but that's the point. Snapshots of my thoughts...

If it was for freedom Christ set us free, I must ask myself:
Am I free to love freely?
For this is the challenge,
This is the start,
This is the beginning of a brand new heart.

Am I free to love freely?
Or chained by the fear of betrayal?
Am I free to love freely?
or bound by the scars of past hurt?
Is my heart free to trust freely?
Or carefully concealed in the chambers of anger and bitterness

Am I free to be who you’ve called me to be in You?
Or am I disillusioned by my own ability to reason?
Am I free?

What holds me back from?
What binds me in broken silence?
To know the truth and not hear,
To know the truth and not heed,
To know the truth and not be freed.
Am I free to love freely?

Am I free or falsely held by insecurity?
Can I love without ceasing?
Trust without disbelieving?
That you’ve set this heart free
Free to love freely

I am free.
For it is for freedom He set me free.
Free to love freely.

No comments: