Happy Anniversary Momma and Daddy!
Words cannot begin to express how thankful I am to have you both as my parents. If there is one thing that I admire the most about your relationship, it’s endurance and perseverance. I know things have been rough over the years but the fact that y’all have made it this far carries a message that words cannot communicate. I know over these years you’ve both questioned, wondered, become angry and even wanted to simply walk away…but God. You both have loved Him enough to love Him more and for that I am forever grateful. To me, that is one of the strongest forms of love, to stay when you wanna leave, endure when you wanna quit, hope when there seems to be nothing to hope for, trust when you don’t want to, love when you don’t feel it. For that is love. No matter what the world says or defines it to be. Love is Christ…and Christ never fails. So today, as you both remember the good times and the bad, the mistakes and the accomplishments, the proud moments and the regrets hold on and rejoice in the simple fact the Christ never fails. Neither of you would be who you are or where you are today without these past years. There is no question that He has you both where He wants you and that there is something so much bigger than yourselves and even your marriage. That’s the amazing part! :) Honestly, if you think about it, today is not about y'all, its about Christ. Its about who He is and what He’s done. For everything we are, everything we do, and everyone we love is for Him and to Him. We must never forget that. Our lives, our marriages, our children, our hearts, and even our love, it is for Him and to Him. So in that we rejoice and celebrate for He has made all things new. He is worthy of it all.
I love you both with all my heart!
Lauren Ashley

No comments:
Post a Comment