Friday, December 22, 2006




Fifteen personal picky food rules.

1. No Touching! I really don't mind if people, depending who it is, touch my food but the food itself can't touch. I won't freak out but it does bother me. I want to taste each thing.

2. The difference between bowls and plates. Certain foods go in certain dishes. Salads go in bowls. Spaghetti- I CAN'T eat it on a plate, has to be a bowl. Any kind of meat has to be on a plate. Dip for chips or what not has to be in a little mini bowl. I could go on...There is one thing. Eggs-scrambled, can go in either or.

3. Cold & Ice. My drink can't just be cold as in being in the refrigerator; it has to have ice in it. I prefer my cup to be filled with ice first (half way) and THEN the drink poured on top.

4. Hot, not lukewarm. My food has to be HOT. Warm doesn't work. If it's neither hot nor cold but lukewarm I will literally spew it out my mouth. If the food is supposed to be hot I should have to blow on it before I can eat it. If it's supposed to be cold I should be able to get a brain freeze if I eat it to fast. (The only thing that this doesn't apply to is potato salad!)

5. Coffee. Give me the real stuff. I prefer to have real coffee, as in no decafe. Although my body is so immune to the caffeine that I don't get any slight bit of a buzz, it does taste a whole lot better with it.

6. Sandwiches and the law of mayo. Now, I DO NOT like mayo but if it is on the sandwich it has to be on the side by the cheese because that's what it compliments. The mustard has to be on the side with meat because that's what it compliments.

7. Subway, they know me there. I'm weird about subway. (well I'm weird period). I could eat it every day. The sad thing is that I get the same sandwich every time I go. I have never accept once gotten something else and it was a salad. Not only do I have to get the same thing but it MUST go it a certain order: Italian BMT on Italian herb and cheese bread. Swiss cheese. (and in this order) cucumbers, bellpepers, pickles, and banana peppers, oil and vinegar, salt and pepper. Then when I eat it I open it up eat the cucumbers first, second the bell peppers, and then close it and eat the sandwich. (I know, high maintenance)

8. Boiled eggs. I love boiled eggs however the one thing that make them perfect is a little lemon pepper on the side- talk about good.

9. No oatmeal. I absolutely hate oatmeal. It is the most disgusting thing. The taste, the texture- all of it- gross.

10. Tomatoes and ketchup. I can't eat raw tomatoes. They have to be cooked or baked or, my most favorite, sun-dried! Les can just eat one like an apple, that is nasty. It has a different taste and the texture is way different. I don't eat ketchup either. BBQ sauce it a different story though.

11. Ranch. I can't eat it on a salad. I prefer the homemade kind too. The only way I'll eat it is with veggies and in salsa.

12. Straws. If I have choice I want to drink out of a straw especially if it's a fountain drink. Don't ask me why I just do.

13. I really don't want to see your food! I hate when I'm eating with people, especially at school, and their talking to me while their eating and I can see the hamburger and french fry in their mouth. chew, swallow, breathe, and then talk to me. I can wait- believe me.

14. I could never live in the north! Bland food makes me want to gag. Like when I eat crawfish, I should taste the crab boil on it and my nose should be running. Any food that doesn't open up your sinuses isn't worth eating. (ok, not all of it)

15. Pickles. I like dill, zesty, anything but sweet or bread and butter. I can't stand a sweet tasting pickle. It's called a *pickle* for a reason.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have the same hangups about pickles. I almost put that on mine..

And my food MUST be hot too!

Anonymous said...

hey lauren i agree on the ranch and
pickles!!!!

Anonymous said...

hey lauren i agree on the ranch and
pickles!!!!