Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Happy New Year...A day late

This past year has been, well, there are no words to explain 2006. So many things have happened, so many things have changed, I look back now and see how much God really has changed me. It's amazing. Between house church and school and relationships it feels like all this happened so fast. God has brought so many people into my life and this past year has taken so many out. I've had to come to the conclusion that I have to serve Him no matter what, and if that means I have to end relationships then that's what I have to do. My relationship with Jesus Christ is more important than anything or anyone. I've had to do things this past year that I never thought I could or would have to do but God is faithful. It doesn't matter if my heart gets broken into a million pieces, thrown on the ground, stomped on, and handed back to me because even thought it hurts, it's not my heart, it's His. Jesus can always give me a new heart.
I am so thankful for the relationships I have that God has strengthened. Bekah, Jordan, Amber, Holly, Bj, Jamie. It's amazing to see where we've been and where we are now.

Jordan: Thank you so much for being a friend who will always listen but never hold back the truth. Who is faithful. Who will go above and beyond what is needed. Who sacrifices her time to be there for me. I admire your diligence and your persistence. When I think of how we were in the begining of last year and look at us now all I can say is WOW! Thank you for being open and truthful, always giving be godly advice no matter what mine or your opinion is. I love you.



Bekah: I look at our relationship and it has truly changed- a lot! We've been through so much in our relationship and I thank God for were we are now. It's funny because when I think of you the first think I think of is strong willed. Although this gets both of us in trouble sometimes it is so good to have a friend who will not back down to me. God has used you so much to get things out of me. Thank you. I love you and want to see what's going to happen in your life this next year.

Holly: This year God has shown me how much I LOVE YOU. Although we haven't spent a lot of time together I feel like I know more about you now than I ever have. Whether you want to believe it or not, I do look up to you. I really think that me wanting to go into the medical field was spun off of watching you go through nursing school. It can be done. That one night you came and brought me taco bell meant so much to me. School was getting overwhelming and you made it so much better. I'm not trying to sound all mushy- sorry. Thank you for just being you Holly.

Bj: I've seen all of us grow this past year, it's amazing to see where God has taken you and your family. It truly is a miracle. It's almost been like a blur. I understand the feeling, I think we all do, of people leaving with no explanation. Thank you for staying. Thank you for allowing your relationship with Jesus be enough. These boys around here need to see that. I can tell you that you have impacted Lesley's life. Just remember that He is faithful and that He knows the plans He has for us. "He's got the whole world in His hands..." Sorry :D Got a little carried away.

Jamie: WOW, what else can I say. Our relationship has surely changed this past year but at the end I see that it has been for the good. I can see where God has taken you and it's just a reminder to me that He does exist. Thank you so much for everything you've done. I love you this--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------much. Really, and I don't think that anything that ever happens can ever change that.

There are so many other people like my parents who have been amazing. Lesley. Nan and Teryl. Bob and Sharon. Amber and Bryan. Penny (especially). My house church. God has done so much and I am so thankful for all of you.

Now I have to get back to pulling down the wallpaper in the bathroom. It's a pain
and my hands hurt.
*P.S. when I get my own house, don't ya'll EVER let me but a scrap of wallpaper on it!*

4 comments:

Jamie Welch said...

let me say it again...i love you WAY more than this ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ much

Lauren said...

i love you more than that!

Lauren said...

as Nan would say it- I love you to the moon...

Lauren said...

and back