Les is a 49-year veteran of KALB-TV and has served as General Manager for the last 20 years. He began his career in 1960 as comptroller and moved into the sales department in 1974.
Les was named General Manager of the station in November 1989.During his tenure as General Manager Les lead the staff through the transition process of four ownership changes.
Under his leadership KALB-TV remains a dominate role in the Alexandria Market and is recognized by NBC as a ratings leader in local news among all NBC Affiliates. There are 216 markets and KALB has consistently ranked in the top 10 based on Rating and Share.
Other notable accomplishments include his guidance over the last 10 years from the termination of the stations analog signal to the transition into HDTV. KALB was the first station in the state to cease broadcasting its analog signal February 16, the vast majority of the states stations made the move June 12.
Golmon also counts the acquisition of the CBS Network as one his more noteworthy accomplishments. KALB-TV now broadcasts both the NBC signal on 5.1 and the CBS signal on 5.2 further solidifying its dominance in the market.
“Leaving KALB does not change the fact that I will always be the number one fan of the station. I have assured ownership that if needed I will be available to assist in the transition to new management.”
His plans for the future include traveling with his wife Judy and spending more time with his four grandchildren.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Papa I'm so excited for you and so very proud to call you MY grandfather. You have no idea how much you encourage and inspire me. Ive watched the way you work my entire life and i must say it is outstanding. You've taught me so many things about dedication, hard work, endurance, and faithfulness without even opening your mouth. That's what its all about. The way you live your life, not the way you talk about it. And that is something that I respect so much about you. For someone who is so knowledgeable, so successful and wise you are so very humble about it. You simply show people who you are which means more than words ever will. I love you so very much Papa and can't wait to see whats going to happen next. Once again I'm so proud to be able to say "Yeah, Les Golmon is MY grandfather". I love you!
No comments:
Post a Comment